Dhokla is a vegetarian food item that is found mainly in the Indian state of Gujarat . It is made with a batter of besan. Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack.
For Making Batter:
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 1.5 cup
- Ginger-Green chili paste - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- oil -1 tbsp
- water as required
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda -1/4 tsp
For Making Sugar Syrup:
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10-12 no
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Green chili - 4 no.
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1/2 cup
For making batter and dhokla:
- At first, take a mixing bowl and add besan.
- Now add ginger and green chili paste.
- Then add lemon juice along with salt to taste, sugar and oil.
- Now add water gradually and mix it, make a lumps free semi thick batter.
- Whisk the batter for 5 min continuously.
- Once the batter is ready then cover and rest it for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, take a cake tin mould and grease some oil in it, keep it aside.
- Now take a large vessel and add some water in it.
- Place a stand in it cover the vessel and turn on the flame, let it boil.
- After 30 min add baking soda and baking powder in the batter, and mix it gently (do not over mix).
- Then quickly transfer into cake tin mould, tap the mould twice.
- Now place the mould in the boiling water.
- Cover and cook it for 25 min on low flame.
- After 20 min check it once with a toothpick if it is clear then turns off the flame, if not then cover and cook it for another 5 min.
- Once it cooked well then turn off the flame and take out from the pan and let it cool down.
For making sugar syrup:
- Now heat a pan and add some oil in it.
- Once the oil is heat then add mustard seed and some curry leaves in it and saute for few seconds.
- After that add required water in it ,stir it well.
- Then add sugar to taste, salt to taste and some green chilies in it, boil it for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, de-mould the dhokla and cut it into square shape.
- After 5 min turns off the flame and spread the sugar syrup on the dhoklas.
- Leave it for 10 min to absorb.
- Then serve it and enjoy.
If u like my recipes then, please like, share and subscribe to my channel.
Click here to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/PiyasKitchen
Get social with us:
Thanks for watching my video. Wish you make a good cook and happy your life.
--- Piyalir Rannaghar
--- Pure homemade recipe and authentic food.
#healthybreakfastrecipe #easyrecipe #Mrspiyakitchen #diterecipe
Post Date: 2019-12-10 10:30:52