How to cook Ilish polao
How to cook Ilish Polao:
Ilish Polao is a very popular and tasty Bengali dish. It is very easy to make. Try to make this recipe at home and don't forget to leave feedback in the comment section below.
- Hilsa fish - 2 pieces
- Basmati rice - 1.5 cup
- Ginger-Cumin seed-Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut and raisins - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil - 5 tbsp
- Hot water - 3 cup
1. Takes 1.5 cups of basmati rice, wash it thoroughly and soak it into the water for 30 min.
2. Clean Ilish Mach carefully but don’t wash under running water; it will wash away the flavours from fresh fish.
3. Marinate the fish with 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp of salt. Keep it aside for 15 min.
4. Heat 5 tablespoons of mustard oil in a deep bottomed pan to the smoking point. Simmer the flame and add marinated Hilsa pieces one by one carefully to the hot oil.
5. Fry for 2-3 mins and then flip the fish very gently without breaking into pieces. Fry for another 2 mins. If both sides of each fish are turned into golden brown and firm, Hilsa fish is cooked well.
6. Remove Hilsa fish from the oil with care; they tend to break into pieces and set aside into the plate.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of ginger-green chilli-cumin seed paste and turmeric powder, mix it well. Fry it for 2 min on medium flame.
8. Sprinkle some salt and mix it well. Now add a little amount of water, stir it well. Leave it to boil on medium flame.
9. Once it becomes a boil add fried fish, cover it with a lid and cook it for 2 min on medium flame.
10. After 2 min opens the lid and flips the Hilsa fish gently, cover it and again cook for 2 min on medium flame.
11. Now take out the Hilsa fishes from the pan without gravy.
12. Add soaked basmati rice into the gravy along with cashew nut and Raisins. Mix it gently and fry it for 3 min on medium flame.
13. After that, add 3 cups of hot water (As we took 1.5 cups of basmati rice so we need to put 3 cups of water). Stir it well.
14. Now add 2 slits green chilli and cover it for 5 min on medium flame.
15. After 5 min open lid and place the cooked Hilsa fish pieces, cover well with half-cooked rice.
16. Cover it with the lid and cook it for 7-8 min on medium flame.
17. After 8 min opens the lid and checks it once, turn off the flame and keep it standing time for 5 min.
18. Serve hot.
Thanks for watching:
How to cook Ilish Polao
If u like my recipes then, please like, share and subscribe to my channel.
Click here to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/PiyasKitchen
Get social with us:
Thanks for watching my video. Wish you make a good cook and happy your life.
--- Piyalir Rannaghar
--- Pure homemade recipe and authentic food.
Post Date: 2019-12-19 09:51:48